28 Statements from Jesus that will Transform Your Marriage
Part 1 - The critical importance of intimacy with Jesus
Repent Matthew 4:17
- Listen to this devotional on my podcast
- 'From then on Jesus began to preach, “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”' Matthew 4:17
- A true disciple is not first a learner or reader of his words. You are a doer. In v19 Jesus says, “Come follow me”.
- The first command of Jesus’ public ministry was, “repent”.
- Jesus wants an inward change because nothing else will stick if you don’t first address YOU
- Your actions need to be immediate
- v20 “Immediately they left their nets and followed him.”
- A friend’s wife was giving a sermon where she shared this same advice, because it’s what she did. Drugs, alcohol, miserable. Meets a janitor at the church who tells her to repent and go and tell everyone that she now believes in Jesus.
- Repent is...