Be irresistibleOct 25, 2018
A recent study has revealed that people who are more socially connected generally lead healthier lives than those who are more isolated. This is all well and good, but the question we are going to raise today is, how do we become someone others want to get to know? Stay tuned to find out how.
Alright podcast listers, this week I’ve been doing some expierimenting with our show and as such I’m going to be offering you a deal, if you buy our new book Pursue Oneness you will get a second copy absolutely free. That’s two books for the price of one! Pursue Oneness is a book about how sometimes unity in your relationship with your spouse doesn't just happen on it’s own. You need to make it happen.
According to an 80-year Harvard study that began tracking students in 1938, people who are more socially connected to family, friends, and community are happier, physically healthier, and live longer than people who are less connected.-The Gottman Institute
- To be happier and live longer you need to:
- Put yourself out there, take a chance and don't quit
- Be intentional about building community through your local church
- To be someone others are attracted to you must:
- Be safe
- Don't judge them
- Be kind
- What do you wish they were doing for you
- Ask questions and be interested
- If your heart is to love others, then you will project it
- Serve them first
- Be thankful, so said the waitress here in La Brea CA! She took time to say thank you and then she asked questions about her life.
If you want to be the kind of person other people are attracted to, then you need to become that person for someone else. The trap we tend to fall into is we tend to isolate and close ourselves off out of a fear of being rejected. Instead of becoming more and more isolated, make the extra effort to be the person you wish others were for you. Be thankful, kind, loving and serving to others and I promise, you will immediately see a difference in all your relationships.